Today, I will share a simple noodle soup recipe!!
To add taste, I added fried onion. I always like to put something crunchy on my food.
I got this one at Trader Joe's but you can also get fried onion places like your local at Asian Market.
I've also seen it at IKEA before.
・ 4 oz dried rice vermicelli noodles
・ 3 cups filtered/bottled water
・ 2 handful chopped Chinese cabbage
・ 1 carrot
・ 4 stalks baby broccolis
・ 1/3 cup chopped scallion
・ 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
・ 3 1/2 tbsp Mushroom Seasoning
・ Pepper to taste ( I use white pepper )
・ 1~2 tbsp fried onion (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. In a medium pot, boil filtered water.
3. When water comes to a boil, add the mushroom seasoning, and stir till it is dissolved.
4. Add white part of Chinese cabbage, carrot and baby broccoli stems. Cook it for 2 min.
5. Add rest of the Chinese cabbage, baby broccoli crowns and cook it for another 1 min.
6. Divide the cooked noodles among bowls and pour the soup over the noodles.
7. Top soup with scallions, cilantro, fried onions (optional) and serve.
You can also put mushrooms and tofu if you like.
You can just put any vegetables you like but I highly recommend to put Chinese cabbage.
It makes really good stock.
I got my Mushroom Seasoning at a local Korean Market called Hmart but you can also order at Amazon.
I also use this Mushroom Seasoning for stir fries, miso soup and other Asian dishes.
Leave a comment