I usually marinade tofu/meat alternatives when I make Korean style stir fry. However, marinading
takes time so, I created one where you don't need to marinade it.
It's not tasty as marinade one but it's still taste good and my recipe is really
healthy because it has a lot of veggies!!
・ 1 pack of extra firm tofu ( press for 15 min before cutting )
・ 1/4 medium onion
・ 2 handful of bean sprouts
・ 1 carrot
・ 1/2 bell pepper
・ 3~4 shiitake mushrooms
・ 2~3 scallions
・ 1tsp sesame oil
・ 1tbsp cooking oil
・ 2~3 cloves of grated garlic.
・ 2 1/2 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
・ 2 tbsp sake/water
・ 1tbsp ground white sesame seeds
・ 1 tbsp gochujang
・ 1tsp maple syrup/sugar
1. Mix sauce by adding grated garlic, tamari, sake, gochujang and maple syrup.
Whisk to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
2. Cut all the vegetables and tofu except bean sprouts.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
4. Cook onion, carrot and shiitake mushrooms for about 1min.
5. Add bean sprouts and bell pepper and cook it for another 1min.
6. Add tofu and scallions and cook and stir for 1min.
7. Add the sauce and stir well.
8. Turn off the stove, drizzle with sesame oil and stir it lightly.
9. Serve immediately.
Serve with steamed rice.
I use this gochujang and bought it at Korean Market. However, many grocery stores carry
gochujang now, I've even seen it at TARGET.
Sprinkle with Gochugaru(Korean red pepper powder) and white sesame seeds if you like.
If you want to make it gluten free, make sure to use tamari or gluten free soy sauce.
You can replace bean sprouts with shredded cabbage if you can't find it at your local grocery store.
Leave a comment