・ 200ml Warm Plant Based Milk ( I use unsweetend soy milk )
・ 100ml Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
・ 400g Bread Flour
・ 50g Vegan Butter ( I use earth balance stick butter )
・ 60g Apple Sauce
・ 1/4 Tsp Salt ( I use Himalayan Pink Salt )
・ 15g Yeast
・ 35g Sugar ( I use Raw Cane Turbinado Sugar )
For Brushing ( Optional )
・ 1/2 Tsp Soy Milk
・ 1/4 Tsp Maple Syrup
・ 1/4 Mayo ( I use Just Mayo)
1. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk.
2. In a large bowl, add bread flour and vegan butter and mix well.( I use stand mixer with dough hook)
3. Add apple sauce and condensed coconut milk. Mix for 30 sec.
4. Add yeast mixture little by little. Knead for about 15 min.
( While it's kneading, grease a large bowl lightly )
5. Form the dough into a ball, and place in the lightly greased large bowl.
6. Cover with damp towel or plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm spot until doubled.
This takes about one hour.
7. Punch the dough down.
8. Sprinkle a little flour on the counter and turn the dough out on top.
Divide the dough in two and shape each half into a loose ball.
9. Grease the 10"x4" loaf pan and transfer the dough into the pan.
( I think 10"x4" loaf pan is little bit too big but this is the only "big enough" loaf pan I have,
so I use this one. I think 8"x4" pan would be perfect!)
10. Let the loaf rise a second time until doubled, about 30-40 minutes.
(while it's kneading, mix soy milk, maple syrup and mayo together)
11. Heat the oven to 350°F .
12. Brush the soy milk mixture on a dough with brush.
13. Bake for 25-30 min.
If you are vegetarian, you can replace the vegan butter with regular salted butter,
and replace the apple sauce with 1/2 egg and condensed coconut milk with sweetened condensed milk.
For the brushing, you can replace all the 3 ingredients with just 1/2 of egg.
Leave a comment