I know some of you were waiting for this recipe because I always get
a lot of likes on Instagram when I post photos of this Korean style spicy soup :)
This recipe is not just spicy, it is also tasty.
Make sure to cook extra rice because this soup really goes well with rice!!
・ 1 cup vegan kimchi
・ Half pack of tofu
・ 150g Mung bean sprout
・ 3~4 shiitake mushrooms
・ 1 pack of enoki mushrooms (about100g)
・ oil to grease your pan
・ 2 cup filtered water
・ 2 tbsp kochujang
・ 1 tbsp white miso
・ 1 tsp Mushroom Seasoning Powder
・ 1 tsp grated garlic
・ 1 tsp Gochugaru (Korean Red Chilli Powder)
・ 2 tbsp chopped scallions
・ 1tsp Gochugaru (Korean Red Chilli Powder)
・ 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Wash and chop vegetables (you don't need to chop Mung bean sprout)
2. Mix all the ingredients for soup in medium pot.
( I use Korean stone pot because it looks pretty and keeps soup hot for long time.
You can get similar one here)
3. In a pan, heat the cooking oil on medium heat and cook Mung bean sprout.
4. Put all the vegetables, cooked Mung bean sprout, and bring it to boil.
After it start boiling bring it to mideum low heat and cook it for 15~20 min.
5. Top with scallions, gochugaru and drizzle with sesame oil.
6. Serve with steamed rice.
I don't think this is too spicy but if you are not used to spicy food, please use less gochugaru!
Leave a comment